Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What A Difference A Week Makes

I closed out my blog last week with the prayer requests of an easy installation and less pain and my request and prayers were answered.  It was a complete turnaround from last week.  The catheter went in quickly and smoothly.  The eight hours were as close to painless as can possibly be.  Praise God for the answered prayers.

My doctor also said that we are going to change up the treatment cycles after next weeks treatment.  Instead of 3 treatments every 3 months, I will have 3 treatments every 6 months.  This will give my urinary track more time to heal from all the trauma and lead to less chance of infections.  It also means that I will have three years of treatments instead of two years.  But, the results are still just as good and it means that I will have more time of not feeling so fatigued between treatments.

It's amazing how much easier this week was compared to last week.  I was very apprehensive going into the doctor's office this morning, but when the installation went so smooth, it really helps with your frame of mind for the rest of the treatment.  One more week and then done for the year...what a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment