Thursday, July 18, 2013

No News Is Good News

I have been getting inquiries lately from people who were wondering how I was doing and asking why I haven't posted anything in three months.  The answer is that no new is good news. 

My treatment and cystoscope schedule has been changed, now that I've gone two years without any recurrence.  Instead of being on a three month cycle, I will be on a 6 month cycle for the next two years.  So, my next visit to the doctor will be on October 3rd for a cystoscope examination.  If all is clear, then I should start my next three weeks of treatments on October 16th.

My fatigue is gradually getting better each week, but still not back to normal.  I have started to take vitamin B12 and I think it is helping.  I have also been pushing myself out of bed each weekday morning at 5:20am to go run a couple of miles before work.  It is amazing how fast you lose your physical stamina after a few short months.  But, I'm running a little faster every day and hope to compete in the Best Buddies TN 5K in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment