Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Two Years Cancer Free

It was two years ago yesterday that my cancerous tumor was removed from my bladder and after my Cystoscope today, I know that I'm still cancer free.  The scope procedure went very well today and my pain medication has kept me pain free all day.  I will now have 6 months off before I go back for my next cystoscope.  Then I will have my treatments a couple of weeks later.

My doctor stated that we will still have treatments until the end of 2014.  But, then we will be finished with the BCG treatments.  He also stated that the odds of recurrence go down after getting through the first two years.  While I will be getting scoped for the rest of my life, the stress will definitely be much less after getting past this big milepost.

Thank you to everyone that have sent up prayers on my behalf.  I couldn't imagine what it would have been like to have gone through these two years without my belief in God and the power of prayer.  Being a Christian does not mean we will not have trials in our life.  It means that we have the  confidence that we will be okay no matter whether we live or die.


No comments:

Post a Comment