Thursday, February 7, 2013

Another Series of Three Treatments are Done!

Yesterday, I finished my last treatment in this series of three.  Each treatment day gets progressively harder as you go through the three treatments.  The last treatment had the usual installation procedure and I was able, due to the nice weather, to take a two mile walk during the two hour holding period.  Besides being good exercise, the walk also helps to break up the two hours and unlike the first two treatments, I was not worried about making it to the end of the two hours. 

My six hours of flushing the system dragged on as usual and because of the progressive nature of the three treatments, I had blood showing up for about four hours, versus only two hours for treatment #2 and none for treatment #1.  It is not unusual to have the bleeding and it makes you feel like you know the BCG fluid and virus is working.  I also had chills for most of the six hours, but they went away before bedtime.  I was left with a bladder that aches and is still quite sore 24 hours later. 

I spent the afternoon watching the second season of Downton Abbey and I'm looking forward to getting into the current season three.  My daughter wants to go on a family trip to see the actual abbey and it will put on my bucket list as I love England. 

The next major milestone will be April 10th, when I have my two year cancer checkup with the dreaded cystoscope.  The two year anniversay is very important as any recurrence after the two year mark will put you probably back to square one of starting the BCG treatments all over again, versus the removal of the bladder.  It's important to keep the orginal part as long as possible.

Thanks for everyone's prayers and concerns...

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

    Thanks,

    Cameron

    cameronvsj(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete