Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Two Down and One to Go.

Today was the second of my three weeks in a row of having my BCG treatments.  This series of three will all be started at 8 in the morning, which is a blessing because the 8 hours are over between 4-5 pm.  Just like last week the installation went extremely quick and well.  They changed the protocol on how they administer the treatment and I'm not going to gross you out, so just take my word that the change is effective.

Today went well and I was able to get through it with just one pain pill.  It was about in the middle of the pack for pain and didn't really call for taking any additional pain pills.  It was the first time in a couple of treatments that I experienced blood while I voided my bladder.  It is normal with this kind of treatment and certainly not excessive.

It was a long day that started with being waken by tornado sirens at 3 am (no tornado, just high winds) and then my normal alarm at 6am.  I have my normal, sore and worn out bladder, but it is worth it with the continued great results.

With nothing good on TV during the day, I went through the entire first year (7 hours) of Downton Abbey.  A very well done series by PBS.  I'm looking forward to seeing the second year next week and getting up to date on the current season three very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment