Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sweet #16.

My eight treatment hours are done and it was again one of the best of the sixteen treatments.

The one thing that I've come to understand over the course of my 16 treatments is that you never know what to expect.  You know that it is not going to be an easy day and like a good roller coaster, you just hold on to your seat and go where it takes you.  I'm very thankful that today went well.

The doctor's appointment was early at 8 in the morning and I still don't have the early morning routine down for how much I can drink before going into the doctor's office.  It is important to hold the BCG in the bladder for the entire 2 hours, while I sit in the La-Z-Boy and rock to keep it sloshing around.   Needless to say, I was counting down the minutes and knew exactly when the 120 minutes were finished.  I pumped myself with fluids all day and almost set a record for the number of trips to the bathroom.  It seems that the more fluid intake the less pain I experience, so today was a good day.

I reread John Piper's, Don't Waste Your Cancer, this morning and it put me in a great frame of mind.  I highly recommend the book to anyone going through cancer treatments.

Now I have six days of recovery and it all starts again next Wednesday at 8 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment