Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Tough January, But February's Coming

As I've stated in previous blog posts, the trip to Moldova was exhausting.  January was really a month to try to get my energy back and it has taken all month.  I'm feeling about 85% and happy with that.  Today,  the good news was that I got up and ran.  The bad news was it was only a mile.  It's amazing how fast you can lose muscle tone, but at least I got back on the road.

I also was able to play golf this weekend for the first time this month and it felt great getting back on the course.  Because of the weather being cold, the ground wet and the air windy, we played from the senior tees this weekend.  It was fun to play from those tees for the first time and to have a different line to hit down.  I was happy with my 82, when you figure in the 5 penalty strokes.  Three birdies helped.

February will be fun with a cruise to the Caribbean in the middle of the month.  I plan on getting a lot of rest on the ship and enjoy the weather and scenery in Mexico, Belize, Honduras and the Caymans.

Next big date medically is February 27th, when I have my next Cystoscope.  We are looking and praying for an all clear of no cancer and then I can resume my BCG treatments in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment