Wednesday, March 28, 2012

#11 Was A Breeze

Today's treatment goes down as the least painful of all my treatments.  I did take a pain pill before installation (which unfortunately didn't stop all the pain of the installation) to take the edge off.  It was my only pill today as the rest of the eight hours were entirely pain free.  The only thing that was different was the amount of blood and bloody bits that I had today.  It started up three hours in and lasted for another 4 1/2 hours.

Another thing that was normal today was my lack of appetite for regular food.  I made a sandwich for lunch and that was the last good piece of food that I ate except for my treatment day indulgence of chocolate chip cookies.  For some reason, I get a real sweet tooth during my treatment day and don't allow myself to feel guilty about over doing it on the cookies.

One more treatment day next Wednesday and then I'm off for another 3 months.  I'm very thankful for all the emails and well wishes from everyone.  Most importantly, the prayers from everyone are being answered and while the day is exhausting, it was mainly pain free.  Besides the treatment days, please continue to pray for my body to heal and that the ever present fatigue will go away.  I'm tired of being tired and would like to have some time of feeling normal again before my next 3 treatment cycle starts again in 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment