Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Treatment #10 Is In the Books

Treatment #10 was very similar to treatment #9.  I did take a preemptive pain pill today to help with the installation and it seemed to have worked.  Because it was such a nice day today in Franklin, I went for a two mile walk with Nancy after the installation to help slosh the solution around the bladder.   Then it was back to the rocking chair to finish the two hours of holding it.  The next 6 hours was water, water and more water.  The only side effects today were some blood (which is very normal) and an extremely sore and worn out bladder.  I had virtually no appetite today and suspect that I lost a couple of pounds today.

It was great to get through today and the treatments are starting to get routine.  It is certainly a full day with twelve trips to the bathroom in a six hour timeframe and one gallon of chlorine literally down the drain to kill the TB virus in the toilet bowl.  Now I'm trying to decompress after the intense day and I'm hoping for a good night of sleep.

Thanks to everyone that was praying for me today and we get to do this all over again next Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment