Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fatigue Setting In

It's been 6 days since my first maintenance treatment and fatigue is setting in again.  While I should have known it was probably inevitable, it is still aggravating to have to go through.  I put down in an earlier post that I would try to run through the fatigue this time and while I failed to pull my self out of bed this morning at 5:25am, I am hoping that tomorrow will be different.

One of my friends at work asked me to post what I need him to pray for.  The answer is 1) Energy, 2) that next Monday's treatment goes easier without the burning and aggravation my bladder, and 3) that the cancer never returns.

This battle has been very humbling for me.  I went from missing only 6 days of work in 20 years to missing  6 full days and 9 half days, with more to come this year.  I went from running everyday (but Sat. golf) to missing weeks because of being too tired to get out of bed on time.  While I know that this is all part of the process, it's still hard to admit sometimes that I'm sick or battling this terrible disease.

1 comment:

  1. Dave,

    By now you are well into your treatment today. God Bless you and give you strength and energy. Thanks for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete