Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Running Through the Fatigue

It's been a little over a week since my last treatment.  Fatigue has staked it's claim on me again, but I'm trying to run through it.  I was able to run a couple of miles on Thanksgiving morning and then walk 18 holes at Temple Hills C.C. on both Friday and Saturday.  Saturday evening I slept for 10 hours straight, which is very unusual for me.  Monday and Tuesday morning I was unable to get up at 5:30 and set the alarm clock for an extra hour.  But today, I was able to drag myself out of bed at 5:30 and get to the office  gym for a two mile run.  I didn't run very fast, but at least I got out of bed and ran.  The run did not take away the fatigue, but at least it gave me hope that I can get up early again.  With this side effect, it just dogs me all day long.  It will be interesting to see when it stops this time after having only three treatments with this series.

I had the pleasure of speaking to a couple of guys this last week that are going through cancer treatments.  It's amazing how fast you bond with someone that has gone or is going through the same experience.  It will be good have them to lean on as we go through our treatments over the next couple of years.

Twenty seven more days and I will be flying back to Moldova for the sixth time.  I'm looking forward to seeing all my friends there, spending Cat Financial's donation for gifts and fireworks and spending time with Igor.  Anyone that would like to donate money for gifts, send me a check made out to Justice and Mercy International.

No comments:

Post a Comment