Monday, November 14, 2011

Treatment #8, Painful from the Start

It took three tries with two different catheters today to get the BCG into my bladder.  The procedure usually takes 5 minutes took 15 minutes to complete.  To say that it was painful is an understatement.  The first thing that I did when I got home was take a pain pill.  No two mile walk today.

The 6 hours of drinking and going to the bathroom was again a long, drawn out affair today.  I took two pain pills today and a pill to coat the urethra, but it was still a pain filled 6 hours.  I told my doctor that I was questioning if I should take them and he said that he could prescribe more if needed.  I hate to think what it would have felt like without the pain pills.

I am happy to state that I did get myself out of bed last Wednesday through Friday to run early each morning.  The fatigue didn't hit until mid-morning last week and I was usually exhausted by 9 pm.  I also was able to some how avoid the food poisoning or virus that 27 associates had in the Annual Leadership Conference meeting last week.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and concern.  Next treatment is next Monday at 2pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment