Monday, November 21, 2011

What A Difference A Week Makes!

Treatment #9 was great!  I took one pain pill before going to the doctor's office and the installation was the best of the first 9.  What a relief after last week's fiasco.

The six hours of running to the bathroom was still a brute, but this time I had very little burning.  I didn't take any more pain pills and got through the time just fine.  I was more anxious about this treatment than all the others after last week's difficulties, but God is good and it went well.

I read most of Job before going in today and it really put my situation into perspective.  Before today, my last three treatments progressively got worse, so I was fearing that I would get to the breaking point pretty soon if they continued to progress.  After today treatment I feel somewhat like Job.  We must love God regardless of what we face is a blessing or suffering.  Being tested is never easy, but hopefully in the end we will have a deeper relationship with God.

I now have 3 months to get back to normal and then on February 27th, I have my next cystoscope.  My posts may not be as frequent, but I will be reporting in from my next mission trip to Moldova, starting December 27th.  Nancy is going to be going with me this year, so it will be an exciting trip.  Then in February we will be going on a cruise, so stay tuned.

P.S. I'm amazed at the 348 page views in the first month of this blog.  Thanks for following me through my journey of not wasting my cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment